We have many HubSpot customers using EasyRedir to securely redirect their domain apex to their www subdomain.
domain.com --> www.domain.com
We are HubSpot's preferred solution for this requirement.
This issue arises because HubSpot only lets you connect subdomains, not apex domains (also known as naked domains, or root domains). Usually, when you register a domain, the default URL for your website is only the apex domain. If you are using HubSpot to host your website, you would need to connect the “www” subdomain in HubSpot.
In this case, you will see that your apex domain will not load HTTPS because it is not connected to HubSpot. The secure apex domain (domain.com), will need to be redirected to the subdomain hosted by HubSpot (www.domain.com). Automated HTTPS to HTTPS redirects on the apex domain are not supported by HubSpot in this instance, and they recommend that marketers find a trusted external solution for this issue. EasyRedir is that trusted secure solution.
To get started, what you'll need to do is:
- Redirect the domain apex to the www subdomain ie) https://domain.com to https://www.domain.com. This is done on any of our Pricing Plans where we will then automatically provision and renew an SSL certificate for you to ensure security.
- If you haven't already, you'll need to sign up with an account by clicking any sign up button on the webpage which will allow a 14 day free trial for you. All of our plans allow for automatic HTTPS.
- You'll then need to fill in the domain names or URLs that you’d like to redirect (source URL - https://domain.com), and the target URL you’d like them to be forwarded to (https://www.domain.com). You will need to redirect from the domain apex to www.
- You’ll be shown how to configure the DNS entries (required values for two A records will be given - we recommend using BOTH for reliability and stability) for the URLs that you set up in the EasyRedir dashboard. You'll then need to change the DNS settings for the source domain to point to these two EasyRedir required A records.
- Once this is done we will automatically provision an SSL certificate for the HTTPS to HTTPS redirect. The redirect will be immediate with EasyRedir, however this may take up to 24 hours depending on DNS propagation and your TTL settings.
If you have any questions please connect with us and identify yourself as a HubSpot customer. We are happy to help!